U11 - U18 Team Selections
Information about our 2021-2022 Under 11-U18 Team Selection Process
As our soccer community navigates through the impact of COVID-19, one of the areas that will be altered due to the pandemic is our CMFSC evaluation process for the 2021/2022 season. Traditionally, all team selections for U11 – U18 divisional teams would be completed with on-field evaluation sessions starting in late February to April, however due to the pandemic and various restrictions our selection process has been adjusted for the 2021-2022 season. As we navigate these difficult times, we will continue to make decisions with integrity and always with the goal to place players on teams where their development and enjoyment for the game will continue to thrive.This season, team selections will be made based on the following:
- CMFSC Ongoing Player Assessment Forms (New for 2020/2021 season)
- Coach Year-End Evaluations
- Technical Staff Coach Evaluations
- Senior CMF Technical Staff
- Age Group Head Coaches
- Field Marshals
- Previous Season Player Evaluation
Below are the steps we will take to confirm rosters for the 2021/2022 season:
Step 1 – Registration will open March 15, 2021. All players wanting to be considered for a space on a divisional team must be registered by April 1, 2021:
- U11 - U18 Division 1, Division 2
- U14 - U18 Metro
*Players registered after April 1st, will be rostered to a level that our club can accommodate - this may mean a lower level or Division 3 for late registered players.
Step 2 - CMFSC Technical staff will review all player info from both 2019/2020 & 2020/2021 season with the Age Group Head Coach. CMFSC technical staff will then facilitate a selection meeting with each team’s head coach to confirm rosters.
Step 3 – Players will receive placement info for the 2021/2022 season and will need to confirm their spot and complete any additional registration within 48 hours of receipt. *Once a player accepts a position on a team, no refunds will be granted (see Refund Policy). All team rosters will be confirmed by April 30th. Division 3 teams will continue to be filled during the spring and summer months.
Step 4 – Players not selected to Metro, Division 1 or 2, will be placed on a roster within the House/Division 3 level. Consideration for Division 3 team placement will be based on:
- Returning CMFSC players
- Non-CMFSC players
- Coach input on player selection
We may not be able to place all Division 3 (girls) and Division 3 (boys) players due to the registration and team maximum requirements. In this case we will work with the team coaches to place the players and any players will be notified right away if we do not have a space for them.
While this process is different than previous evaluations, CMFSC is confident that our past knowledge of players and end-of-season player evaluations will guide us through the completion of this process. Technical staff may make adjustments to player placement throughout the season if necessary.
How many Divisional teams will be selected?
- CMFSC will form one team at U13 Division 1 and one team at the U14-U18 Metro level. CMFSC Club technical staff will then make final decisions regarding the number of teams confirmed for the next level in each age group after assessing both the ability and number of the players that register. The number of U11 and U12 Divisional teams will be determined by CMF Senior Technical Staff (Boys - Esteban Mora, Girls - Andrea Maloney).
How many players will be selected for each team?
- The ideal number of players confirmed for each U13 - U18 team will be 15 - 17. The ideal number of players confirmed for each U11 - U12 team will be 10 - 12. This will allow potential promotion of players from lower levels IF identified by our technical staff during the season.
How will I know if I have been selected to the program?
- Players will receive an email from CMF Technical Staff to confirm placement. The player must complete the acceptance form within 48 hours of receipt.
What if I am ‘new’ or to CMFSC (new to soccer or transfer from another club)?
- Players transferring from an existing soccer program/Soccer Club will be placed at a level that our club can accommodate. During the 2021/2022 season our technical staff will be in communication with all team coaches and if a player is identified to be playing above their current team level CMFSC technical staff will make the adjustment if needed.
What is the timeline of this process?
- All teams will be confirmed for Metro, Division 1, and Division 2 by April 30th, 2021. Division 3 teams will continue to be filled during the spring and summer months.
Why is there no U13 Metro team?
- Metro will be phased out as per the BC Coastal Soccer League. The existing Metro teams will continue but no new Metro teams will be created.
The player selection process is always a stressful time for players and families. Please know that CMFSC technical staff will be working closely with all our volunteer coaches during this process. For further questions about the evaluation process, please contact Member Services.