Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Registration Questions
Have a question not answered here? Send us an email!
- Do I need to keep a receipt?
You do not need to present a receipt when attending programs.
To access receipts for programs you have paid and registered for, please first log into your Power Up account. On the left side of the screen, click the RECEIPTS tab. This screen will show all of your past purchases - click the applicable order number to access the receipt. Click the BLUE printer button to print for your records.
We are no longer issuing tax receipts because the Children‚Äôs Fitness Benefit was phased out in 2016 - https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/federal-government-budgets/budget-2016-growing-middle-class/childrens-fitness-arts-tax-credits.html
- Do I need to register by a certain date?
Yes, only those players who register by June 1st will be placed on a team in the pre-determined order of registration (subject to Coach availability). After June 1st, players may be waitlisted.
- How do I apply for Jumpstart funding?
- How do I apply for Kidsport funding?
Kidsport grants applicants should contact the CMFSC Registrar to obtain the correct pre-filled form (Evaluation players should do this prior to evaluations).
- How do I register for evaluations/tryouts for Under 11 to Under 18 players?
Please view our Team Selection page for further information - https://www.cmfsc.ca/u11-u18-team-selections
- Is there an in-person registration day?
No, our registration process is only supported on-line.
- What happens if I am put on the waitlist for a program?
If at the time you register a program is full, your child will be placed on a waitlist. The waitlist will remain in the order of registrations received. Coordinators will try to find teams for waitlisted players either when an existing player cancels their registration or if new teams open up. If we cannot place a waitlisted player on a team by the start of the season, we will confirm with you and reimburse any fees paid.
- What if I do not have a credit card?
Registrants without online access or credit cards are asked to register online with the assistance of a friend, relative, employer or via public facilities (all local libraries provide free online access) online with a pre-paid credit card….see details of various available cards at: http://dan.matan.ca/Canadian-Prepaid-Mastercard-Visa-Card-Reviews-Information
- What is your refund policy?
Only those players who register by May 15th will be placed on a team in the pre-determined order of registration (subject to Coach availability). After May 15th, a late fee of $50.00 applies to all registrations.
If you register on a waitlist, you will be required to pay the $50.00 late fee only. If you are offered a spot in the program, full payment of the registration fees will be due within one week of being removed from the waitlist - if fees are not paid, your child may be placed back on the waitlist and the next player in line will be served. If we are unable to remove your child from the waitlist, the late fee of $50 will be refunded.
Players and parents should be aware that accepting, including verbal, and then subsequently withdrawing from one of the following teams will result in forfeiture of their registration fees:
- All U13 - U18 teams
- U11 - U12 Division 1 & 2 teams
- U8 - U10 Development Teams
Players participating in U12 and below age groups, excluding Development and Divisional players (as stated above), are eligible for refunds (subject to the same contingencies listed above), provided such requests are received in writing by Member Services prior to October 15th.
A written request to the Registrar is required for the return of registration fees. It is club policy that refunds will ONLY be given under extenuating circumstances. Return of the registration fee will be contingent on the following:
- a $30.00 cancellation fee
- prorated amount, based on portion of season elapsed
- deduction of unrecoverable costs (i.e. affiliation fees, equipment, team pictures, etc.)
- return of any outstanding raffle tickets and/or funds
If you would like to be placed on a wait list or would like more information please review the list of Age Group Coordinators on this page.
- When will I know if I am accepted on a team?
For teams from U11/U12 Select plus U13 to U18, you will be contacted immediately after evaluations (for evaluation team players) or at the team formation evening in June (for non evaluation team players). Our goal for these age groups is to have completion by June 30th.
For U8 to U12 house teams, our goal is to have teams formed by July 31st.
For U4 to U7 (IA), our goal is to have complete information available in Early September based on allocation provided by the School District.
- When will Online Registration be open?
Registration opens for Fall/Winter League on March 15th. Registration deadline is June 1st. Spring, Summer, and Fall Academy programs open at various times throughout the year.Please click here to Register Now
- Where can I find information on the Adult Team Programming?
Please review the webpages found on our website under the tab titled "Programs?
- Where can I find information on the Club Academy or Extra Training programs?
- Where can I find information on the Club Spring Break and Summer Camp programs?
- Where can I find information on the Under 13 to Under 18 BC Soccer Premier League Team Programming?
- Where can I find information on the Under 13 to Under 18 Team Programming?
Please review the webpages found on our website under the tab titled "Programs‚Äù
- Where can I find information on the Under 4 to Under 7 Initiation Academy Team Programming?
To get information on our Under 4 to Under 7 Initiation Academy Team Programming, click here.
- Where can I find information on the Under 8 to Under 12 Team Programming?
- Who do I contact if I have a specific age group question?
Questions relating to a specific age group may be emailed to yourAge Group Coordinator (U4-U12) or Member Services (U13-U18) here.
- Who do I contact regarding subsidized registration questions?
Contact our registrar at bdent/at/cmfsc.ca