Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club Soccer for life!
CMFSC Annual General Meeting - May 31st
The Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club (CMFSC) will hold their Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. at the Poirier Sports and Leisure Complex in Meeting.
The following Board members are completing existing terms:
|Vice President||Joe Basic|
The following positions will be up for election:
|President||Alex Barnetson||Election||2 Years|
|Secretary||Kevin Lynn||Election||2 Years|
|Director||Kevin Rye||Election||1 Year|
|Director||Jamil Samji||Election||1 Year|
Per our Constitution, there will be no nominations accepted from the floor. Notice of nomination for the above noted positions must be sent to the Elections Officer, Barry Parish, by email to Barry_parish@telus.net before 12:00 (noon) on Wednesday, May 21, 2017. Please put the following in the subject line of the email – “Soccer: CMFSC AGM”.
Please note that you are able to nominate yourself. If you do not have access to email, contact Barry Parish @ 604.939.6097 to arrange delivery of your nomination. You will receive confirmation that your nomination has been received. Nominations received after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 21, 2017 will not be eligible.
AGENDA - CMFSC AGM
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 @ 8:00pm. Poirier Sports & Leisure Complex
- Call to order
- Establishment of quorum
- President’s welcome address
- Approval of the agenda
- Approval of minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Presentation of reports (if any)
- Appointment of Auditors (if any)
- Business as specified in the meeting notice (including By-laws amendments and considerations of Member Proposals (if any))
- Approval of the budget
- Election of Directors
Only voting club members in good standing can attend the AGM. A Member will be in good standing provided that the Member:
- Has not ceased to be a Member;
- Has not been suspended or expelled from membership, or had other membership restrictions or sanctions imposed;
- Has completed and remitted all documents as required by the Society;
- Has complied with the By-laws, policies, and rules of the Society;
- Is not subject to a disciplinary investigation or action by the Society, or if subject to disciplinary action previously, has fulfilled all terms and conditions of such disciplinary action to the satisfaction of the Board; and
- Has paid all required membership dues.
Voting Member – individuals who have agreed to abide by and adhere to the Society’s By-laws, policies, procedures, and rules (or, if the individual is under the age of 18, who have had a parent or guardian agree to abide by the Society’s By-laws, policies, procedures, and rules on behalf of the individual) including:
- Directors of the Society
- Other individuals approved by the Directors
Voting Rights - Members will have the following voting rights at all meetings of the Members:
- Individual Members who are 18 years old or older may exercise one vote at all meetings of the Members; and
- Individual Members who are younger than 18 years old may have one vote exercised at meetings of Members by a parent or guardian. For clarity, a parent or guardian with three children registered with the Society who are younger than 18 years old may exercise three votes. However, two parents of the same child who is registered with the Society and who is younger than 18 years old may both attend a meeting of the Members but may only exercise one vote between them.
2017 AGM Documents:
2017 AGM Information (119 KB)
2017 Consitution & By-Law Amendments (138 KB)