Looking for something? Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions Knowledge Base below.
- Will we be interlocking with other clubs in our District?
We will be interlocking with PoCo Eurorite FC for the Development League. For the House League we will not be interlocking with other clubs and will only be scheduled with CMFSC teams.
- Will the House and Development Teams have different uniforms?
Both the House and the Development Stream teams will receive a home and away jersey in the CMFSC colours.
- Will teams be balanced in the Development Division and House Division of Under 8?
Teams will be formed with all efforts to balance all teams in the House and the Development Divisions. This will be done in collaboration with the Under 8 Coordinators and CMFSC Technical Head Coaches of Minis Boys & Girls.
- Will my child have the same parent coach as they did in Under 7 Initiation Academy?
Some may and some may not. When you leave the Initiation Development and enter the Under 8 Division, the teams become smaller and teams do not stay together. In the Under 8 Division, the teams are coached entirely by the parent coach and do not have staff support on a weekly basis.
- Who do I contact with questions about the U8 - U10 Leagues?
Administrative & Registration questions can be directed to the Age group Coordinators.Click here for a list of Age Group Coordinators
- When will the Under 8 teams be formed?
We will start the team formation process after the June 1stdeadline. Teams will be formed by mid to late June.
- When does the season start?
The Season normally begins the third weekend of September, but training will start prior to that.
- When does registration begin?
Registration is available in February 15th each season. Please refer to the following link regarding registration.
As per our registration policy only those players who register by May 15th will be placed on a team in the pre-determined order of registration. After June 1st, a non-refundable late fee of $50.00 applies, and team placement is not assured.
- What will have for 2018-2019 Season and beyond for the 2010 age group?
2018-2019 – Dual Streamed Under 9 House League
2019-20– Dual streamed Under 10 House league.
2020-21– This is the first year of an organized Under 11 Select Soccer and players will be placed on a Select team or a House team in this age group.
- What kind of Coach Support is there?
The Under 8 to Under 12 divisions are overseen by club Technical Staff, Esteban Mora (boys) and Andrea Maloney (girls). Each age group and gender will also have an Age Group Staff Head Coach assigned to support the volunteer coaches. The Age Group Staff Head Coaches will provide coach development sessions throughout the season, provide team support, and will be monitoring games.
The Club also offers Coach Development Courses - https://www.cmfsc.ca/coaching-certification-pathway-info
- What is the purpose of having two streams of development in the Under 8 Division
The goal of ability based teams it to allow all players to play at their skill and confidence level. We want all players to be challenged, to build their skills and to enjoy their playing experiences. We wish to provide coaches with technical support to ensure they are meeting the needs of their players. We believe that providing children with the opportunity to play with and against those of similar ability will enhance both player and coach development.
- What are the game times?
Games will be played on Saturdays for boys and Sundays for Girls. You can expect game times to be scheduled between 9:00am and 4:00pm. The game schedule will be set prior to the beginning of the season.
- What Academy opportunities are available for players in the Development League?
All players will have access to receive extra training through our academies, camps, & club jamborees. All Development players additionally will be invited to our Prospects Program.
- Is there a different cost between the leagues?
No, it is the same cost for registration for both the House and Development stream.
- If my child is placed in the Development stream, will they be moved into the House stream?
In very rare situations, we may move a player, in consultation with the parents, to the House Stream from the Development Stream if it is in the best interest for the player’s development and enjoyment of the game
- If my child is a new player or new to the club, what team would I be placed on?
If you are a new player playing in our club, you will initially be placed on a House Team, unless otherwise assessed in a CMFSC club Academy or camp.
- How many times a week do teams train & play?
Teams will train minimum once per week and play a game once per week. Training days will be determined in September. Games are on Saturdays for boys and Sundays for girls. Teams are not formed based on day of the week training requests.
- How many teams will there be in the House and Development divisions?
In each club based on registration numbers we are looking on average to have 30% of the players placed in the Development Division and 70% in the House Division. We will assess each season if additional Development teams will be added.
- How many players play on the field at Under 8?
We will be playing 6-aside at Under 8. This means 5 outfield players plus a goalie.
- How do I register my child for the House stream or the Development stream?
You cannot register for either stream. You register for the Under 8 age group and then you will be placed on a team through our team formation process.
- How are decisions made if players are placed on a team playing in the Development stream or House stream?
Teams are formed through evaluations of players during their Under 7 Initiation Academy season. This will be taken from observation from the staff coaches in the Initiation Academy, the parent coaches of the respective U7 teams in the Initiation Academy, and also through assessment of players through various CMFSC Camps and Academies.
- How are coaches being assigned to the Under 8 teams?
As players are registered, parents are asked to indicate if they are willing to volunteer as Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Managers. We will consider all parents that have put their names forward as well as recommendations from the Staff coaches from the Initiation Academy as well.
- Does my child get to play with their friends?
On the registration form there is places for requests. Especially on the House League side all efforts will be made to honour friends requests, keeping in mind that our first priority will be to make sure that all teams are balanced, in terms of ability, within the Under 10 House and Development Divisions. In the Development side there will be less consider for friendships and changes could be made each season. Any players registering after the deadline of June 1stwill most likely not have any requests looked at.