EMAIL SCAM ALERT
Posted by Lindsay on September 13, 2018
Attention All Members,
We have been made aware of a phishing scam that has been emailed to some of our members requesting funds via e-transfer by the President of our Club.
Please be advised that we would never request money via e-transfer and should you receive any emails that appear strange or out of the ordinary, please FORWARD them immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not reply to the email you received directly).
Here are some tips for identifying a phishing email:
- The message contains a mismatched URL
- URLs contain a misleading domain name
- The message contains poor spelling and grammar
- The message asks for personal information
- The offer seems too good to be true
- You didn't initiate the action
- You're asked to send money to cover expenses
- The message makes unrealistic threats