Please review the latest memo released on Wednesday, June 3rd, from BC Soccer - https://www.bcsoccer.net/news/post/bc-soccer-releases-return-to-play-phase-1-documents-in-preparation-for-a-return-of-soccer
On Monday, June 1st, VIA Sport released their Return to Sport Guidelines - https://www.viasport.ca/sites/default/files/ReturntoSportGuidelines.pdf
We encourage you to review both documents so you can understand the expectations around a Safe Return to Sport and the types of things that will be in place for us to return safely. In the communication from BC Soccer they have designated June 12th as the date that soccer can resume in BC under a Social Distance Training Model. We know that everyone is anxious to return to the field and connect with their teams, but we are still a ways away from this. We still have to work with the City of Coquitlam to gain access to fields again. We also need to ensure that our safety plan is approved and can be executed fully prior to returning. Members should not expect that as of June 12th to be back on the field training and have access to field time as this will not be the case.
Soccer will not look, in the short-term, as what we have known it traditionally to be. It will be necessary to have a very controlled and monitored environment to ensure that social distancing is happening at all times from coaches, players, and parents. Our first priority will always be the safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff.
On Thursday, June 11th, CMFSC released our Return to Play & Safety Guide. We encourage all members to review it carefully.
NEW PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTS!
- Summer Training Program U9 - U18 - https://www.cmfsc.ca/summer-training-program
At this time, there is no change to the information previously provided:
- All Spring Academies and Programs CANCELLED (May 27, 2020)
- U13 Metro, U13 – U18 Division 1 & 2 Evaluations CANCELLED - Please review our new Evaluation process here.
- U13 – U18 Division 3 Team Formations have been CANCELLED - Please review our new Evaluation process here.
- Summer Camp registration is currently on hold (May 27, 2020)
- All Mini Madness Camps CANCELLED (June 10, 2020)
- Development and Goalkeeper Camp July 6 - 10th CANCELLED (June 10, 2020)
- Fall/Winter League U4-U7 registration is on hold. (May 28, 2020)
- Fall/Winter League U8 - U18 registration is currently closed and will reopen on July 2nd.
BC Soccer has also not made any final determinations on:
BCSPL seasonCANCELLED Provincial Premier Cup, Provincial A Cup, and Provincial B Cup*UPDATE - CANCELLED May 12th, 2020 National Premier CupCANCELLED