Please review the latest memo released on Wednesday, May 13th from BC Soccer - https://www.bcsoccer.net/news/post/bc-soccer-provides-update-on-return-to-play-phase-1-plan-a-change-in-approval-process-and-impact-on-risk-insurance
Until BC Soccer gives the ok to move forward with play, the expectation is that all soccer activities including, but not limited to, competitions, training, practices, matches, and team building activities are suspended with the intent to maintain social distance. Please assume activities are cancelled until you receive firm notice that it is ok to return to play.
As many of you watched/listened to the four-phase plan outlined by Premier John Horgan (https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020PREM0026-000826), a number of questions were raised regarding the path for returning to sports, mainly:
- When will sports (soccer) resume?
- What will they look like when they do resume?
Both of those questions hinge on the determinations made by the Recreational Sports Advisory Group which includes BC Soccer. At this time, they are working on specific guidelines for Clubs to follow based on the recommendations made by the Provincial government and health officials to be able to conduct sport in a safe way. Though we cannot say for certain what restrictions will be in place, there will be a ‘new normal' for soccer that might look very different from what we had in February. At this time, the group is still forming decisions, so we must wait until they are reviewed, approved, and then adopted by the province to answer when sports will resume and what will they look like.
At this time, there is no change to the information previously provided:
- All Spring Academies and Programs are CANCELLED (May 27, 2020)
- U13 Metro, U13 – U18 Division 1 & 2 Evaluations have been postponed until further notice.
- U13 – U18 Division 3 Team Formations have been postponed until further notice.
- Summer Camp registration is currently on hold (May 27, 2020)
- Fall/Winter League U4-U7 registration is on hold. (May 28, 2020)
- Fall/Winter League U8 - U18 registration is open.
BC Soccer has also not made any final determinations on:
- BCSPL season
Provincial Premier Cup, Provincial A Cup, and Provincial B Cup*UPDATE - CANCELLED May 12th, 2020
- National Premier Cup
Once we have a comprehensive return to play plan in place from BC Soccer, there will still be several steps and clearances that will be need to be executed prior to actually returning to the field. Members should expect a transition time between the announcement of the return to play plan and the date of program delivery, to ensure that our Club is compliant with all the necessary safety measures required to provide a safe environment for players, coaches, staff, and members.