CMFSC Fall 2020-2021 Season Registration Update
2020-2021 Fall/Winter Season Update
We wanted to provide you all with an update on Return to Play for Soccer in the Province and plans for Coquitlam Metro-Ford. Collectively we must work together to get back on the field safely. All programs are considered voluntary, and anyone feeling uncomfortable with the current risks, should either not register or remove themselves from the program.
U4 - U7 Registration:
Registration will reopen on August 15, 2020 at 9:00 am. With the challenges the soccer community faces with COVID-19, we have come to the decision not to run the traditional U4 - U7 Initiation Program this coming Fall 2020 season and we are excited to launch brand new programs. For Coquitlam Metro-Ford, we continue to follow the COVID-19 situation closely and are working diligently to ensure as we return all programs abide and adhere to our approved CMFSC Return To Play Safety Guideline. Start-up will be with a very controlled and monitored environment to ensure that all protocols and safety measures are being followed. Our priority is always the safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff. In place of our U4 - U7 Initiation Programs, we will be providing the following brand new fun and exciting programs: https://www.cmfsc.ca/u4-u7-fall-2020-program
U8 - U18 Registration:
Currently, in BC we are still in Phase 1 of Return to Soccer and there is no indication of when soccer will be able to move beyond what is within BC Soccer’s Return to Play Phase 1 Plan - Recommendations and Guidelines. BC Soccer follows VIASport Guidelines for Return to Sport. Based on VIAsport we are in the Transition Measures Phase (please see chart below). As part of this phase there is still a possibility, per below, that in-club play or modified games can slowly be introduced. As we enter the "Progressively Loosen” Stage Interclub or Regional Game Play may be considered. For Coquitlam Metro-Ford we continue to follow the situation closely and working diligently to ensure as we return all teams and participants are well versed and adhere to our approved CMFSC Return To Play Safety Guideline. Start-up will be with a very controlled and monitored environment to ensure that all protocols and safety measures are being followed. Our priority is always the safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff. We encourage you to review this plan so you are aware of and understand the expectations and protocols that will be in place for a safe return. Some of the highlights to note, as we continue in Phase 1 of Return to Play are:
- Staff oversight of sessions
- Sanitization of equipment
- Social distance training with no contact between players
- 50 people max to a field (including coaches & players)
- Daily screening
- Attendance collection
- Transition time between sessions (15 minutes)
- All team officials trained in Club safety protocols.
Unfortunately, we do not have any indication on timelines for gameplay to start so will be moving ahead with planning for September based on the current restrictions we are under. This means we will start the season under one training schedule, that will be subject to change, if restrictions are eased/lifted. We will be asking for flexibility with families when/if training schedules are adjusted. We have been running a summer training program very successfully and will use this model of training. The focus for the training sessions will be age and level appropriate and designed by the club technical staff with a focus on physical literacy, ball mastery, patterns of play, shooting, and crossing incorporating competitions and games to keep it fun and exciting. TRAINING SCHEDULES - We are working with the City of Coquitlam to secure and finalize our field permits in the coming weeks. There will be a delay in releasing the training schedules this season and teams/families should expect their training schedules, not later than, August 14th for BCSPL & Metro and August 24th for all other teams.
The most common question we have received is, 'Will there be games?' This will be determined by the phase of BC Soccer’s Return to Play we are operating within at any given time. There is the possibility that there will be a progressive return to game play as we move through the phases.