CMFSC - Annual General Meeting 2021
CMFSC 2021 AGM NOTICE: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:00pm - 9:00pm
The Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club (CMFSC) will hold their Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 8:00pm. The meeting will be held virtually.
The following Board members are completing existing terms:
The following positions will be up for election:
Pre-registration is required to attend and vote at the AGM and must be completed 24 hours before the meeting, Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
- To register, please complete the pre-registration form HERE. 24 hours prior to the meeting, each registered member will be sent the meeting login information 24 hours prior to the commencement of the meeting.
- It is recommended to log into the meeting platform using a computer and not a mobile device or tablet.
- The meeting will open 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
Per our Constitution, there will be no nominations accepted from the floor. Notice of nomination for the above noted positions must be sent to the Elections Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Noon (12:00pm) on Friday, February 26, 2021. Please put the following in the subject line of the email – “Soccer: CMFSC AGM”. Nominated individuals are asked to complete the CMFSC Board of Director Candidate Form.
Please note that you are able to nominate yourself. If you do not have access to email, please drop off your nomination by the deadline to Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club AGM, 2265 King Albert Avenue, Coquitlam, by the aforementioned deadline. You will receive confirmation that your nomination has been received. Nominations received after 12:00 pm on Monday, March 1, 2021 will not be eligible. Note: You may submit any personal background information or reasons for running for the position.
AGENDA – CMFSC AGM
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 @ 8:00 p.m.
- Call to order
- Establishment of quorum
- Approval of the agenda
- Approval of minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Presentation of reports
- Financial (2020)
- Appointment of Auditors (if any)
- Business as specified in the meeting notice
- Including By-laws amendments and considerations of Member Proposals (if any)
- Election of Directors
Only voting club members in good standing can attend the AGM. A Member will be in good standing provided that the Member:
- Has not ceased to be a Member;
- Has not been suspended or expelled from membership, or had other membership restrictions or sanctions imposed;
- Has completed and remitted all documents as required by the Society;
- Has complied with the By-laws, policies, and rules of the Society;
- Is not subject to a disciplinary investigation or action by the Society, or if subject to disciplinary action previously, has fulfilled all terms and conditions of such disciplinary action to the satisfaction of the Board; and
- Has paid all required membership dues.
Voting Member – individuals who have agreed to abide by and adhere to the Society’s By-laws, policies, procedures, and rules (or, if the individual is under the age of 18, who have had a parent or guardian agree to abide by the Society’s By-laws, policies, procedures, and rules on behalf of the individual) including:
- Directors of the Society
- Other individuals approved by the Directors
Voting Rights - Members will have the following voting rights at all meetings of the Members:
- Individual Members who are 18 years old or older may exercise one vote at all meetings of the Members; and
- Individual Members who are younger than 18 years old may have one vote exercised at meetings of Members by a parent or guardian. For clarity, a parent or guardian with three children registered with the Society who are younger than 18 years old may exercise three votes. However, two parents of the same child who is registered with the Society and who is younger than 18 years old may both attend a meeting of the Members but may only exercise one vote between them.