Job Posting: BCCSL League Administrator
Posted by Joe on February 13, 2018
Job Posting: BCCSL League Administrator
Posted Date: February 12, 2018
Closing Date: February 20, 2018
Start Date: March 1, 2018
Download PDF here
The BC Coastal Soccer League (BCCSL) is a newly formed league that has amalgamated the former youth leagues that operated in the Lower Mainland. Those leagues were BCCSL Boys, MSL and BCCGSL. It comprises approximately 21,000 youth and all 8 districts. The amalgamation is to provide efficiencies in terms of a common set of rules, discipline processes as well as a single scheduling system. The goal is to professionalize the league and provide consistent services to its constituents.
The Administrator of the BCCSL reports to the BCCSL Board and are responsible for the administrative operations of the League and supporting development of soccer in the region.
For more information, please see the list of responsibilities below.
- Propose operational improvements and provide yearend league and event reports
- Manage and update league website
- Develop, propose, coordinate, and convene league events
- Build and grow league programs and events to increase membership experience
- Sponsorship acquisition and relationship development
- Act as secretary to various committees as requested by the League board
- Complete Club, Team, Player, Official, Temporary, and Trial registration, de-registration, and validation processes
- Maintain filing systems and general administration
- Develop and propose league and event budgets annually
- Other duties as directed by the League board
- Perform administration tasks on behalf of the league board
- Each month the league administrator will present the board of directors with an operations report highlighting where fines need to be issued or where discipline hearings need to be scheduled. The monthly operational report will keep the board
- close to the issues of the league allowing us to quickly make executive decisions where needed.
- Once the season has concluded the administration work is spent completing tasks from the season. This work could involve managing team promotions, AGM and banquet preparation, and also preparing the league for the following years season.
- Develop and communicate all pre-season initiatives for the district league, inclusive of scheduling
- Administer the operations of the district league during playing season(s) and conduct post season reviews of league operations and rules and regulations
- Preparation of various reports as required, both verbally and written for the league Board members and key stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare and supply correspondence and communication all clubs as requested by the
league board or other stakeholders as required.
- Develop and maintain courteous relations with membership through customer service provided in person, on phone, and via email or social media
- Be subject to BC Soccer’s policies regarding confidentiality, conflict of interest, privacy and Conduct, ethics and discipline standards
- Uphold and abide by all Youth District, BC Soccer, Canada Soccer rules, regulations and polices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Administrative background with experience in event planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- •Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret and implement policy with a strong attention to detail and time management
- Proficient in using a computer with robust knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of and a passion for soccer; coaching or officiating certifications an asset
- Previous experience working within a soccer organization considered an asset
- Must clear a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
- Knowledge of how youth soccer in BC operates
- •A desired qualification is a post secondary certification/designation/degree preferably in sport administration or related discipline
Type of Position: Part-Time
Employment Type: Contract
Compensation: to be determined based on experience and offering
Please send a cover letter and resume, along with a synopsis of thoughts on league programming to firstname.lastname@example.org