BC Soccer's Return to Play Plan Phase 2
BC Soccer Announces Phase 2 Return to Play
As you may have heard, Provincial Health Officer Dr Bonnie Henry put further restrictions in place on Dec 2, 2020 moving youth sports back into ViaSports Phase 2 guidelines. This corresponds to BC Soccer Phase 1 guidelines. The current PHO orders are in place until further notice.
- This Phase allows for skills based training only. These are the same guidelines we were under when practices first resumed at the start of the season.
- No Games or scrimmages can be held under these guidelines, and all activities must be structured to maintain physical distancing (3m).
- Teams are allowed to practice – but must adhere to these guidelines starting with tonight’s practices until further notice.
- No Spectator rules also remain in effect.
- Players may travel to their home club/team. Team travel must be limited to stay within each city/municipality
ALL games continue to be CANCELLED until further notice. Any updates to this will be communicated by your team’s coach.
Please take a moment to review the CMFSC Return to Play and Safety Guide for the full plan in place.
ViaSport / BC Soccer
You can read more on the viaSport phases here: https://www.viasport.ca/sites/default/files/SPORTACTIVITYCHART.pdf
You can read more from BC Soccer here: https://bcsoccer.net/return-to-play-information
**Note – both organizations are still in the process of updating their websites with these updated orders, so information may not be current/may show the wrong phase.
As a Club, we are thankful that we’ve been able to be out on the pitch as much as we have this fall. We are hopeful we will eventually be able to return to playing games. We will be spending the next few weeks in discussions with our district partners, the leagues we play in, BC Soccer and the City of Coquitlam to ensure that we can get the kids back out, in a safe environment.