BC Restart Plan Step 3 Information
We are pleased to move to Step 3 of the BC Government Restart Plan effective July 1, 2021. We continue to follow the updates to BC health authority’s, ViaSport’s, and BC Soccer’s guidance, which include:
- No limit for group size for participants, coaches, volunteers, staff, and officials.
- Limit of 5,000 seated spectators or 50% of capacity (whichever is greater) for outdoor events.
- Limit of 50 or 50% of capacity (whichever is greater) for indoor events.
- Physical distance does not need to be maintained on or off the field of play.
- Masks are not required on or off the field of play.
With this new step, Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club will shift from a Return to Play & Safety Guide to a Communicable Diseases Prevention Policy to provide effective ongoing measures to reduce the risk of communicable disease and additional measures for when there’s an elevated risk of communicable diseases. This includes but is not limited to COVID-19.
We continue to recommend:
- All members, volunteers, and staff who have symptoms of communicable disease (e.g., fever or chills, coughing, diarrhea) are to avoid all soccer activities.
- All members, volunteers, and staff are recommended to use hand sanitizer prior to and after activity.
- Participation in programs is completely voluntary. Anyone feeling uncomfortable with the risk, should not attend.
Our goal is always to provide a safe environment where our players can continue to grow in soccer and have fun!