Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club Soccer for life!
Coquitlam Metro-Ford SC Mentorship Program
The intention of this program is to match a Divisional team (U13 to U18 team) with a Minis team (U8 to U12). Teams will be
matched with a minimum 2 year age difference. Female teams will be matched with female teams, and male teams with male
The goal of this program is to connect older players with younger players. The idea is to provide mentors for the younger players and provide an environment for the divisional players be exposed to leadership opportunities and coaching opportunities.
In addition, the club will use this as an opportunity for identification of players exhibiting leadership potential for future junior coaching opportunities.
Applications will be accepted until October 10th. The Program begins October 2015 and finishes prior to March 2016.
Teams need to meet the minimum requirements below
**We realize this is a pilot program and some requirements might not be met, or might be exceeded.
- Commitment to meet a minimum of once a month with your paired team
- Coaches/Managers are responsible to communicate with each other to arrange meeting times once teams are paired
- Need to commit to the 5 month program (minimum 5 meetings over the 5 month period)
- Follow-up Feedback Survey completed in March
Guidelines: Recommendations/Requirements For Team Mentorship Activities
- Divisional Team must attend the mini’s teams training sessions (minimum of two times)
- Divisional Team attends a mini teams game
- Mini team visits a Divisional Team’s practice or game (visits at warm-up or post game, possibly sit on the bench)
- Teams plan a social (bowling, swimming etc)
- Partner players for the season so they have a “Big Buddy” at practices and can get to know each other well
- Using Stations at the mini’s training helps involve all divisional players
- Allow Divisional Players to run stations or practice (give them an outline and support)
How to Apply:
Please contact Andrea Maloney at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your Team name, age group and main contact
If you are accepted into the program you will get confirmation by October 15th. Not all teams will be accepted, but we will do our best to match teams appropriately and involve all teams that are interested.